Over the next several months, I’ll be blogging about 30 preset topics based on this post. Check it out and take the challenge yourself. And come back often to see more blogs from me.
1. Don’t let the bullies wear you down. I was very fortunate to come from a background of thick skins but I spent much too long feeling bad about myself because of mean kids. I think the part that hurt the most was the “bullies” claimed to be my friends but clearly they weren’t.
2. Develop more friendships. I’ve said before that I wish I would have retained more friendships from high school. I had one best friend and many, many acquaintances. I already talked about losing touch with that best friend. And now, the only person I talk to from high school is my sister-in-law. And even though I adore her now, we weren’t close friends or anything way back then.
3. Get involved more. As an adult, I am now a part of a few clubs and playgroups. I volunteer. I participate in races and walks for charity. I feel like an awesome person now (not to toot my own horn or anything.) I just wish I would have started sooner.
4. Try new foods. Eating healthy has been one of the most amazing changes of my life. I feel so incredible, it almost makes me feel silly that I didn’t try sooner.
5. Stop caring so much about people who don’t care about you. I’m still learning this…
6. Discover yourself and follow your passion. Yep, still learning this one too. I am getting better about it though. And as you’ll see in the next post, I do have passions outside of my family, husband and kids.
7. It’s okay to be smart. And different. Enough said. I know who I am now. I didn’t know then.
8. Stop looking for tall, dark and handsome. Princess Daddy and I were close friends for almost two years before I finally admitted my crush on him. He was always there for me, sensitive and caring. We were able to really talk and not just about nonsensical teenage stuff. We talked about life and our deepest thoughts. He is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. And sure enough, he was right there under my nose the whole time I was “in love” with all the wrong guys.
9. Wear sunscreen. No seriously, haha! It’s been a long time since I’ve had a bad sunburn because I’m older and wiser. But I had some whopper tomato like burns before because I naively thought that my fair skin was somehow exempt from those hot rays. I knew I would burn but I swore that it would tan and that would make me hotter and less susceptible to burns… P.S. It doesn’t work that way.
10. Care more about your family. I think every 16-year-old teenage girl takes her family for granted. I had a bad attitude, thought I was too cool for them, and surely knew everything and didn’t need their advice. I was wrong. I am already bracing myself for the payback my three girls will be giving me.
I hope you enjoyed. Stay tuned for more 🙂