This post is Day 25 for National Blog Posting Month on Blogher.
Over the next several months, I’ll be blogging about 30 preset topics based on this post. Check it out and take the challenge yourself. And come back often to see more blogs from me.
in·flu·ence noun 1. the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.
- My parents. (Yes, to save space I lumped them together.) They did everything they could to give me the tools I needed to go out into life and make something of myself. I feel they did a pretty dang good job.
- My husband. People always talk about their spouse saving them. That’s not what happened here. We grew together. We developed into adults by guiding each other along.
- My grandma. She just celebrated her 80th birthday. She is a retired police officer and raised 4 kids as a single mom. I can’t think of anyone in my life who’s stronger.
- My kids. If there are any people who shaped my character more, it was these three stinkers. Am I more than just a mom? Absolutely but it’s one thing I am now that no matter what happens I will continue to always be.
- My high school best friend. Even though she’s not in my life anymore, she made a great impact on what I did and who I was in my late teens and early twenties. These are years I have no regrets and am thankful she was there during.
- My blogging community. Before starting this blog, I wrote for years and year in a private community. We shared everything, our sorrows, our joys. It wasn’t so much takeaways or writing meant for anyone other than our very closest sisters, each other.
- My bullies. For everyone who teased me or thought I was just “the kid in the books,” for the mean boys in high school that moo’ed at me in the hallways, I dug deeper to truly find myself.
- My favorite boss ever. Pre-twins days, I was fast building a career in banking. About 18 months into my most recent job, we got a new manager. I immediately prejudged her and decided I absolutely did not like her. And then we started working together. To this day, even though she’s not at that bank anymore and even though I’m not either, I still dub her as my career mentor. She gives amazing advice, has such a positive outlook and just rocks overall as a person.
- My brothers. I have two very awesome, very different brothers. I’ve learn so much from them in ways that I likely would never seek out otherwise. And that is the best way to grow.
- My twin momma, blogger buddy, red headed bestie. Sometimes I wonder how exactly it is that I love this woman so dearly after only knowing her just two tiny little years. We have a long time to uncover each others’ secrets from the past and we both have things we’ve never shared. But there is just something about this relationship that makes me who I am. I don’t know that I’ll ever be the same.
Who has influenced your life the most?
Did you like this post? Please click the banner below to vote for me as a Top Mommy Blogger. It doesn’t take anything but clicking the link and you can vote once per day. Feel free to look around the site while you are there too 🙂