To celebrate turning 30 with my next birthday, I am challenging myself with these things. This is my book challenge. Here are the books I’ve read so far: (I’ll update as we go along.)
1. The Fault in our Stars — Highly recommend
2. The Mystic Wolves — Not my thing
3. Brain on Fire — Amazing memoir of a rare autoimmune disorder
4. More than Two — Interesting to see different lifestyles out there
5. Divergent — Highly recommend
6. What Your Doctor May NOT Tell You About Fibromyalgia — Wasn’t as thrilled with it as I hoped
7. 14 Days of Foreplay – In Progress
8. The Wolf of Wall Street – Gave up after the first “book” (9 chapters in, I believe.) I’ve seen the movie and knew what I was getting myself into but the book reads like the author wrote it on speed. It jumps all over the place, drags on with way over detailed descriptions and makes so many references to pop culture that I felt lost the whole time.
9. Pretty Little Liars – I watched the first few seasons of this show on ABC Family and really enjoyed it. I flew through the first book of many. I couldn’t put it down. The chapters are short and captivating making it easy to get through. I can’t wait to get the next one.
10. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe – I listened to this book on audio. I really enjoyed this way of reading as I’ve never done it before but I feel like I missed some details, like when you watch a movie instead of read a book. I mostly listened while biking so multitasking, right up my alley 🙂 I’ll definitely be listening to more of these books soon too.
11. Winnie-the-Pooh – I’ve read many a Pooh story before but this is the first time reading the classic chapter book by A. A. Milne. I read it out loud to Orange. I can’t wait to read more chapter books with her. We are working on another and plan to order a few from her book order at school too.
12. Flawless – Another enjoyable PLL book.
13. 50 Shades of Grey – My second read through. I enjoy this series, despite the negative reviews. There is a good chance this won’t be the last time I read it either.
14. Gone Girl – This book is seriously messed up. Every new chapter brought a twist I wasn’t expecting.
15. Prince Caspian – In Progress
16. 50 Shades Darker – See above. Same story.
17. The Hormone Cure – This was a recommendation from a Facebook page I like. I love the premise of this book. I only skimmed through most of it and read the parts that most applied to me. There are great tips for anyone getting started. I’m pretty well familiar with how hormones are affecting my health at this point though so there was only a minimal amount that was new for me. Still a good source.
18. 50 Shades Freed – Finished and now waiting for my turn to read Grey.
19. What Can I Eat Now? 30 Days on the GAPS Intro Diet – This is a great eBook for anyone attempting GAPS for themselves or their family.
20. Gut and Psychology Syndrome – So much good information on leaky guts and the abundance of issues that stem from them plus a detailed description of how to heal one.
21. Explain Pain – This one is VERY hard to get a hold of. I have been waiting for months to get it from our library and I ended having to request it through the inter-library loan system and they only allowed me to keep in 4 days! I had to skim pretty quickly through it but it was really amazing to read examples of the connection between the brain and pain and ways to retrain the body to understand trusted movements.
22. Bridesmaid Lotto – Very cute romantic comedy only I didn’t realize it was part of a series until I got to the cliff hanger at the end. Ugh.
23. Stuart Little – It ended so abruptly. Orange and I read it together and she kept asking, “But what happened?” Is there a sequel I totally missed?
24. Grey – Loved it! I know it’s not some people’s taste and that’s fine. I’ve read all 3 Fifty books twice and I’ve seen the first movie (a few times) and Grey has been my favorite so far. I really hope she continues the series from his perspective.
25. How to Eat Fried Worms – In progress
26. Wild – In Progress
27. 20 Kids and Counting – In Progress